Jobs at Cahaba Bend
Director of Lay Ministries (posted 6/9/16)
Applications are currently being accepted for the staff position of Director of Lay Ministries at The Church at Cahaba Bend. The purpose of this position is to cultivate and coordinate lay ministries of nurture, discipleship, hospitality, outreach, and service.
Specific responsibilities are:
• To identify needs in our church and community, then equip and organize the laity to address those needs.
• To identify people’s gifts and passions, then incorporate those gifts and passions into meaningful ministry.
• To identify and tap leaders to launch a wide range of small group offerings.
• To “own” the master church calendar and make every effort to accommodate space and childcare needs.
• In short, this job is about engaging as many people as possible—from first-time guests to long-time members—in life-changing, Christ-honoring ministry and fellowship.
This person will be expected to lead in a Christ-like manner with integrity and joy. This person must be a creative, highly organized motivator and lover of God and people. This position reports to the Senior Pastor / Staff Church Relations Team. Interested applicants should forward their résumés to Hal Twilley, Chair of the SCRT, at email@example.com.
• Résumés will be accepted through Sunday, June 19. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Initial interviews will be conducted by phone.
• Final interviews will be conducted on-site by the Staff Church Relations Team.